Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Great Food

I was browsing through a book site today when I saw a readers list for favorite cookbooks.One of the readers books was "Bistro Cooking" by Patricia Wells which happens to be one of my all time faves.I've tried quite a few of the recipes but over the years I have made one again and again and folks always ask for the recipe.It's for Rabbit in mustard sauce and though I've done it with Rabbit she says Chicken can be used and which is what I do with Skinless thighs bone in.The only thing I really change is the amount of dijon used.I wind up going through just about a jar brushing it on the chicken but that's usually twelve thighs.She doesn't call for half that I think.The thing about Dijon is it really mellows with long slow cooking.That and I sometimes add some mushrooms and always garlic which are not in her recipe which she got from a Bistro in France whose name I forget but is in the book.In the recipes she usually suggests a wine and with this dish she says a young Morgon is great and because of it I found the Jean Descombes Morgon which is one of my all time favorite reds now.

No comments: