Thursday, December 17, 2009

A X-Mas wish?

About nine days ago while waiting for the bus out front of Saint Timothy catholic church on the corner of Beverly Glen and Pico I was looking at the statue of Mary that is carved into one corner of the building outside.Someone had placed what looked like a bible on the ledge at her feet.Now it rained for four days after that and the bible got a bit wet but it was still there.So imagine my surprise this morning when waiting for the bus again I saw a wrapped gift box with bow on top sitting on top of the bible.It got me to wondering if the same person placed both items there or was it two different people and is it just an empty box or is something in it?While folks are leaving gifts at Saint Timothy up the street at our building some is taking gifts.For the second time in three months someone has walked off with one of the beautiful potted mixed succulents that graced our front steps prompting my neighbor to remove the other two up to the entrance door area.

7 comments:

Colburn said...

You obviously need a statue of Mary on your front steps---you'd probably have dozens of beautiful succulents by now if Mary were there inspiring generosity among the passersby

JAbel said...

My neighbor who put them there is Jewish so I'm not sure how that would work out but I might try it.They never have taken one of my pots on the other entrance but then I just have plain old flowering plants that die off after awhile.

JAbel said...

It keeps getting stranger.I just got off the bus and now there is a soft black golf club bag on the ground at Mary's feet.

Colburn said...

That was probably left by Tiger, in an attempt to atone for his sins.

Susan said...

Totally unrelated but your email is coming through with a no-reply address, SO...

Saw Tim Dickey play last night and thought of you: http://www.toastandjammusic.com/

Also, drop by TT on facebook! It's chatty & you might know some people:
http://www.facebook.com/trouttowers

JAbel said...

Thanks Susan.I don't know what's going on with email and I'll try and find the facebook site.We were going to see Tim the weekend of Oyster Fest.

JAbel said...

Well the Golf bag was gone today but there is a golf course across the street.