Sunday, March 16, 2008

Joel Meyerowitz

That last post of the Joel Meyerowitz pic seemed a lot larger before I downloaded it here.Cold Storage Beach is pretty much where we went everyday after work at Babes Restaurant in North Truro,MA. from 1977-81 and slept our way to a great tan.Babes was a breakfast place then so we were there from 6:30 a.m. to one in the afternoon.Every night we pretty much spent at the Surf Club in PTown watching the Provincetown Jug Band but we also hit a few other places in P-Town and the Wellfleet Beachcomber on occasion plus camp or cottage parties where we lived.Three or four folks I know are in that print and I think a dog.I have a very large Meyerowitz wood framed poster"Porch Provincetown" from his book"Cape Light" hanging here above my computer.I also have several of his pics framed in my office.In fact I talked to him one day in 1978 on Longnook beach in Truro for about ten minutes while he was taking pics with his big old box camera and it wasn't till a few years later it dawned on me who it was.

No comments: