Thursday, January 8, 2009

Parlez vous Francais

A few nights ago I put on my DVD of Lady in the Lake from the Film Noir Vol3 collection and the music to start the film plays and all and then the movie starts in French.So I'm looking at the box to see if it's a french film noir but no mention and so I start all over and click on the language heading and see it offers three and then subtitles in the middle of the screen with the same three English,Spanish and French listed below so I click the lower English and start the flick again and on comes the movie in French with english subtitles!I'm thinking what kind of sick Jerry Lewis kind of joke is this.I stop the movie agian and start over and go back to the language screen where I notice the higher tier of languages above the subtitles so I click English and this time the movie comes on in English!.I realise the top tier is language and the bottom tier subtitle language BUT I have never had a DVD not come on in English before.So last night I pop in DVD 1 of Seinfeld season 9 which I got for XMass and it's the episode that starts out with Jerry and George sitting in the coffe shop both with bushy mustaches and what comes out but they are speaking FRENCH!I look at the box and this one comes in English and French only with subtitles in both.So I have to go through a whole different display to figure out how to get Seinfeld to speak English.I recall when you just put the VCR in and pressed play and that was it.

2 comments:

nnyhav said...

Have you been fiddling with your blogger settings? The post came up like this:

A few nights ago I put on my DVD of Lady in the Lake from the Film Noir Vol3 collection and the music to start the film plays and all and then the movie starts in French.Ainsi je regarde la boîte pour voir si c'est un noir français de film mais aucune mention et ainsi moi ne commencent partout et cliquent sur dessus le titre de langue et voient qu'il offre trois et puis sous-titres au milieu de l'écran avec les mêmes trois anglais,Spanish y francés ainsi je clique sur l'anglais inférieur and start the flick again and on comes the movie in French avec des sous-titres en anglais!Je pense ce qu'un peu le genre en difficulté de Jerry Lewis de plaisanterie est ceci.J'arrête le film encore et commence plus d'et retourne à l'écran de langue où je note la rangée plus haute des langues au-dessus des sous-titres ainsi je clique sur l'anglais and this time the movie comes on in English!I realise the top tier is language and the bottom tier subtitle language BUT I have never had a DVD not come on in English before.So last night I pop in DVD 1 of Seinfeld season 9 which I got for XMass and it's the episode that starts out with Jerry and George sitting in the coffee shop both with bushy mustaches and what comes out but they are speaking FRENCH!Je regarde la boîte et celle-ci vient en anglais and French seulement avec des sous-titres dans tous les deux.Ainsi je dois passer par un affichage différent entier pour figurer dehors comment obtenir Seinfeld pour parler anglais.I recall when you just put the VCR in and pressed play and that was it.

JAbel said...

Now that's FUNNY! It looks better in French also